Basic guide for investing with Fellow Funders
Investing in a project through Fellow Funders is very easy. There are just three simple steps:
1. Register as a Fellow Funders user
It is free and does not commit you to anything. You will only need an email account and a password.
By becoming a user of the Fellow Funders platform you can access all its services and, in addition, invest in your favourite projects.
2. Validate yourself as an investor
To be able to invest, you must first be validated as an investor.
This process is also free, and does not commit you to anything. Some of the advantages are the access to all the documentation of our projects and being able to communicate with the promoters of the projects, or even with other investors.
In order to validate you as an investor, a few personal details are required, only the essential ones, to comply with all legal requirements.
A copy of your ID card will also be required.
If you are a foreigner, you will need to have a Spanish NIE. You have all the information here.
– Log in to the Fellow Funders platform with your email and password.
– Once you have logged into your private area, click on the link “I WANT TO INVEST”:
– Fill in the requested information:
– Natural Person (Individual) or Legal Entity (Company).
– NIF/NIE: Including the letter of The ID card.
– Upload a photocopy of your ID card: You must attach a scanned image of your ID card on both sides (a photo taken with your mobile phone with good resolution will be enough). If you have any difficulty uploading this document, please contact us and we will help you. It is important that the image is complete and clear, otherwise the bank may reject your application and delay the process.
– Upload a photocopy of the bank document (optional). This will only be necessary if we have to return your investment because we have not reached the financing objective of the project. This document can be uploaded later on.
– Contact details: telephone, address and country of residence.
– Other information: Date of birth, sex and marital status.
– You will need to review and accept the terms and conditions of the investment, and click on “SEND APPLICATION”.
Once the application is submitted, the bank will review the documentation, and after 24 – 48 hours, we will notify you and inform you whether you can or cannot invest in the projects of your choice.
3. Investing in a project
You can now make your investment. To do so, choose the project you are interested in:
Click on the image of the project, and you will see all the project details.
Click on the button “Invest in this project”:
A screen like this will appear:
You will have to choose the number of shares you want to buy and the method of payment (you can make your investment either by credit card or bank transfer).
Follow the steps and make sure you fill in all the required information.
To make the process even more secure, we will send you an SMS to your mobile phone with a password that you will have to enter in order to complet the process.
If your phone is not a Spanish mobile, please let us know, so that we can help you complete this part of the process manually.
If you choose to pay by credit card, the process will guide you to the payment gateway for you to make the payment immediately. Otherwise, if you prefer to make a bank transfer, we will send you an email with all the details for you to order the payment through your bank.
And that’s it!
If you are not quite sure, make an Investment Reserve. You can then calmly consider your decision without any commitment, and without running the risk of being left out. When the project reaches 70% of its target, we will notify you so that you can confirm your reservation.
What comes next?
At the end of the campaign, the capital increase will take place. The notary will attest to the amounts invested by each investor, and this public deed will be registered in the Commercial Register.
You will then be sent an investment certificate with all the details so that you have proof of your investment and can exercise your rights as the owner of the company.
Most importantly, Fellow Funders will not leave you alone as they will continue to support you and keep you informed about the progress of your investment.
What happens if the campaign ends without achieving its goal?
It is possible that the funds requested by the promoter may not be raised.
The law stipulates that the campaign can be successfully completed if 90% or more of the target is reached. But if this is not the case, don’t worry: Fellow Funders will refund your money without any discount, commission or cost.
If you made your investment by bank transfer, you will be asked to provide a bank receipt so that the bank can verify the ownership of your account before returning the money. Therefore, Fellow Funders always recommends that this document is provided as soon as possible. So, in case of need, unnecessary delays can be avoided.
If you have any further questions, Fellow Funders will be happy to help you.